- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
- Goran Dragic offers major update on foot injury he sustained in 2020 NBA Finals
Cavs’ Brandon Knight Compares Dwyane Wade to Michael Jordan
- Updated: March 9, 2019
The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers clashed on Friday night, and for Cavs point guard Brandon Knight, it was an opportunity to play against one of his NBA idols.
Following the game, Knight explained why he idolized Wade and how he reminded him of Michael Jordan.
“My favorite player growing up,” Knight said. “Always watched the Heat on TV and that’s one of my idols growing up for sure. Seeing the stuff he was doing at the time was incredible. Reminded me a lot of MJ (Michael Jordan).”
Knight grew up in Miami and thanks to him being a full 10 years younger than Wade, got to watch much of his career in Miami while he was still a young player with big league dreams.
“He just changed the game,” Knight said. “I remember him being so elite in the mid-range area and splitting double-teams, Euro-stepping, dunking and all that stuff.”
In an exciting twist of fate for Knight, he managed to have his best game of the 2018-19 season in front of Wade and his hometown crowd. The former first-round draft pick recorded a season-high 15 points in the game and also logged six rebounds and two assists in 26 minutes versus the Heat.
It must have been a very special moment for Knight to play so well against his favorite player growing up.