- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
Bobby Portis Admits He Used to Sacrifice Sleep to Watch Dwyane Wade and Team USA
- Updated: August 25, 2019
Team’s USA roster that competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics included outstanding players that easily captured an Olympic gold medal.
That team romped to eight wins, a thrilling run that led current New York Knicks forward Bobby Portis to stay up to watch their games.
I use to stay up all night/ getting up early in the am to catch these games as a kid…nothing like it. https://t.co/1WfiEr88S5
— Bobby BP Portis (@BPortistime) August 24, 2019
There was a simple reason for the then-13-year-old Portis to watch most of those games during the early morning hours. That was because they were being played in Beijing, which was 13 hours ahead of the Little Rock, Ark. home of Portis.
It also gave the world its first chance to see what would become the Heat’s Big 3 playing together. Both LeBron James and Chris Bosh were a part of the dominating team that won by an average of nearly 28 points. The three players then came together two years later to begin a magical four-year run in South Florida.
Wade was the leading scorer for that edition of Team USA, averaging 16.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.3 steals and 1.9 assists. James had similar stats, with averages of 15.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.4 steals. Rounding out the trio, Bosh averaged 9.1 points and 6.1 assists.