- Jimmy Butler predicts why Miami Heat will succeed in playoffs: ‘We get there, us as a team, I’ll handle the rest’
- Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available to play Wednesday vs. Spurs
- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
Bam Adebayo Sends Prayers to Karl-Anthony Towns After His Mother Loses Battle to Coronavirus
- Updated: April 13, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic hit the NBA hard on Monday when it was announced that the mother of Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns had passed away from the illness.
— 13am Adebayo💥 (@Bam1of1) April 13, 2020
Adebayo and Towns are two of the most talented young big men in the NBA. However, they share more in common than just that.
The two players are products of the University of Kentucky’s proud basketball program. Surely, their joint background has established a sense of brotherhood between the two young stars.
With the death toll of COVID-19 rising across the United States, it was likely only a matter of time before an NBA player was unfortunately touched by the disease.
While a number of players have contracted the illness, there have been no reported cases of life-threatening symptoms within the player ranks.
There is no doubt that Towns is going through heartbreak at the moment.
Luckily, he has his NBA family to fall back on as he mourns the tragic loss of his loving mother.