- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Bam Adebayo Sends Prayers to Karl-Anthony Towns After His Mother Loses Battle to Coronavirus
- Updated: April 13, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic hit the NBA hard on Monday when it was announced that the mother of Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns had passed away from the illness.
— 13am Adebayo💥 (@Bam1of1) April 13, 2020
Adebayo and Towns are two of the most talented young big men in the NBA. However, they share more in common than just that.
The two players are products of the University of Kentucky’s proud basketball program. Surely, their joint background has established a sense of brotherhood between the two young stars.
With the death toll of COVID-19 rising across the United States, it was likely only a matter of time before an NBA player was unfortunately touched by the disease.
While a number of players have contracted the illness, there have been no reported cases of life-threatening symptoms within the player ranks.
There is no doubt that Towns is going through heartbreak at the moment.
Luckily, he has his NBA family to fall back on as he mourns the tragic loss of his loving mother.