- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Bam Adebayo Sends Prayers to Karl-Anthony Towns After His Mother Loses Battle to Coronavirus
- Updated: April 13, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic hit the NBA hard on Monday when it was announced that the mother of Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns had passed away from the illness.
— 13am Adebayo💥 (@Bam1of1) April 13, 2020
Adebayo and Towns are two of the most talented young big men in the NBA. However, they share more in common than just that.
The two players are products of the University of Kentucky’s proud basketball program. Surely, their joint background has established a sense of brotherhood between the two young stars.
With the death toll of COVID-19 rising across the United States, it was likely only a matter of time before an NBA player was unfortunately touched by the disease.
While a number of players have contracted the illness, there have been no reported cases of life-threatening symptoms within the player ranks.
There is no doubt that Towns is going through heartbreak at the moment.
Luckily, he has his NBA family to fall back on as he mourns the tragic loss of his loving mother.