- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Bam Adebayo Indicates He’s Heartbroken After Realizing Today Is Gianna Bryant’s Birthday
- Updated: May 1, 2020
Bryant and two of her teammates died in a helicopter crash in late January. The event has rippled throughout the basketball community, and many players have made it a point to honor Bryant this season.
Many believe that Bryant would have gone on to have a successful basketball career like her father, and the WNBA made her an honorary pick at this year’s draft in April.
Adebayo, who was selected to his first All-Star team this season, is clearly moved by the realization that Bryant would have turned 14 today. The 22-year-old big man is known for his great work ethic, something that he had in common with Bryant and her father.
It is likely that other stars throughout the NBA will join Adebayo in expressing how heart broken they are over Bryant’s passing.