- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo Worried About Licking, Sweating When NBA Returns
- Updated: May 29, 2020
The Associated Press offered comments from athletes from different sports regarding a return to action. In the case of Adebayo, he says that common player routines may draw greater attention due to all the public health steps currently being taken.
“Some players like Steve Nash used to lick his hands,” Adebayo said. “Some people still have that in their routine. Some people wipe the sweat off their face and put it on the ball. It’s going to be weird how they try to control it, because we have to touch each other. And then you have to worry about the family members that we may be touching.”
At the time of the NBA’s suspension of play on March 11, Adebayo was having the best season of his three-year NBA career. In 65 games, he was averaging 16.2 points, 10.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists, 1.3 blocks and 1.2 steals per contest.
Adebayo’s numbers have largely seen a major uptick during the 2019-20 campaign and have been part of the Heat’s resurgence into being playoff contenders with a 41-24 record.
In June 2017, the Heat selected Adebayo with the 14th overall pick in that year’s draft, with his efforts on both sides of the court this season showing that the selection is turning into a wise investment.