- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Details Troubling Childhood Moment When Cop Put Gun to His Head
- Dwyane Wade Sends Sincere Message to LeBron James at Retirement Ceremony
- Cardi B Emphatically Defends Dwyane Wade’s Transgender Child Zaya
- Video: Hardcore Miami Heat Fans Name Son After Dwyane Wade
- Dwyane Wade Reveals Most Important Thing Kobe Bryant Ever Told Him at Retirement Ceremony
- Miami Heat News: Miami-Dade County Declares Feb. 22 Dwyane Wade Day
- Video: Miami Heat Officially Retire Dwyane Wade’s No. 3 Jersey at American Airlines Arena
Anthony Davis Dedicates Optimistic Social Media Post to Kendrick Nunn
- Updated: December 16, 2019
Following last Friday’s heavyweight bout between the Lakers and Heat, Davis took to Instagram to dedicate a post to himself, Nunn and the city that raised them.
As far as pathways to the NBA go, Nunn’s and Davis’ couldn’t be more different from each other.
Davis entered the league as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. From the beginning of his career, he seemed destined for greatness.
He’s now in serious running to become both the MVP and Defensive Player of the Year by season’s end.
As for Nunn, he entered the league last season as an undrafted free agent. After playing only for the Golden State Warriors G League affiliate team, the Heat signed him at the end of the 2018-19 season.
Since then, his shine has only gotten brighter. Despite being 24 years of age, he’s a very real contender to win the Rookie of the Year award.
While they both came by basketball success in different ways, surely both Davis and Nunn would credit the Windy City for getting them this far.