- Report: Miami Heat Have Promised Jimmy Butler They Will Add Another Another Star
- Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Receives Major Honor From Basketball Hall of Fame
- Dwyane Wade Gets Extremely Pissed Off at Popeyes for Running Out of Chicken Sandwiches
- Video: Dwyane Wade Celebrates Rick Ross’ No. 1 Album, Clowns On His Dribbling Skills
- Video: Miami Heat Social Media Page Hilariously Trolls LeBron James
- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
Report: Russell Westbrook Suspended for Game vs. Miami Heat
- Updated: March 17, 2019
Oklahoma City Thunder All-Star guard Russell Westbrook has been suspended for one game after receiving his 16th technical foul of the season. As a result, he’ll miss tomorrow night’s game between the Thunder and Miami Heat.
This is big news for the Heat as they are currently in the middle of a playoff race and need all the wins they can get.
The Heat are currently in the eighth and final playoff position in the Eastern Conference, just one and a half games in front of the ninth-placed Orlando Magic and two games ahead of the Charlotte Hornets, whom the Heat beat on Sunday afternoon.
Monday’s game against the Thunder is the first of four straight road games for the Heat.
So far this season, Westbrook has averaged 22.9 points, 11.1 rebounds and 10.5 assists per game. The 30-year-old point guard has averaged a triple-double over the past two seasons.
In the previous meeting between the two teams this season, where the Thunder won 118-102, Westbrook recorded 14 points, 12 rebounds, and 14 assists.
Tipoff for Monday’s game is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. EST.