- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
Report: Russell Westbrook Suspended for Game vs. Miami Heat
- Updated: March 17, 2019
Oklahoma City Thunder All-Star guard Russell Westbrook has been suspended for one game after receiving his 16th technical foul of the season. As a result, he’ll miss tomorrow night’s game between the Thunder and Miami Heat.
This is big news for the Heat as they are currently in the middle of a playoff race and need all the wins they can get.
The Heat are currently in the eighth and final playoff position in the Eastern Conference, just one and a half games in front of the ninth-placed Orlando Magic and two games ahead of the Charlotte Hornets, whom the Heat beat on Sunday afternoon.
Monday’s game against the Thunder is the first of four straight road games for the Heat.
So far this season, Westbrook has averaged 22.9 points, 11.1 rebounds and 10.5 assists per game. The 30-year-old point guard has averaged a triple-double over the past two seasons.
In the previous meeting between the two teams this season, where the Thunder won 118-102, Westbrook recorded 14 points, 12 rebounds, and 14 assists.
Tipoff for Monday’s game is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. EST.