- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Report: Philadelphia 76ers All-Star Out vs. Miami Heat on Thursday
- Updated: February 20, 2019
The Miami Heat will be facing one of the Eastern Conference’s best teams when they return to the court on Thursday, but Philadelphia 76ers All-Star big man Joel Embiid will not be suiting up for the game.
This is great news for a Heat team who are desperate for a win coming off of the All-Star break.
In Miami’s lone game against the 76ers this season, Embiid punished the Heat with 35 points and 18 rebounds en route to a 124-114 win. With Embiid out, it is likely that the 76ers’ lack of depth could hurt them.
The Heat managed to win just five of their last 15 games leading up to the All-Star break. That has left them on the outside looking in at the playoff standings. A win on Thursday, however, would be a great way to get back on the right track.
Hopefully Embiid’s absence makes that much-needed win easier to come by.