- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Philadelphia 76ers All-Star Out vs. Miami Heat on Thursday
- Updated: February 20, 2019
The Miami Heat will be facing one of the Eastern Conference’s best teams when they return to the court on Thursday, but Philadelphia 76ers All-Star big man Joel Embiid will not be suiting up for the game.
This is great news for a Heat team who are desperate for a win coming off of the All-Star break.
In Miami’s lone game against the 76ers this season, Embiid punished the Heat with 35 points and 18 rebounds en route to a 124-114 win. With Embiid out, it is likely that the 76ers’ lack of depth could hurt them.
The Heat managed to win just five of their last 15 games leading up to the All-Star break. That has left them on the outside looking in at the playoff standings. A win on Thursday, however, would be a great way to get back on the right track.
Hopefully Embiid’s absence makes that much-needed win easier to come by.