- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
Report: Philadelphia 76ers All-Star Out vs. Miami Heat on Thursday
- Updated: February 20, 2019
The Miami Heat will be facing one of the Eastern Conference’s best teams when they return to the court on Thursday, but Philadelphia 76ers All-Star big man Joel Embiid will not be suiting up for the game.
This is great news for a Heat team who are desperate for a win coming off of the All-Star break.
In Miami’s lone game against the 76ers this season, Embiid punished the Heat with 35 points and 18 rebounds en route to a 124-114 win. With Embiid out, it is likely that the 76ers’ lack of depth could hurt them.
The Heat managed to win just five of their last 15 games leading up to the All-Star break. That has left them on the outside looking in at the playoff standings. A win on Thursday, however, would be a great way to get back on the right track.
Hopefully Embiid’s absence makes that much-needed win easier to come by.