- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Report: Nicolas Batum (Ankle) ‘Most Likely’ to Return for Game 5
- Updated: April 27, 2016
If you thought the Miami Heat were going to catch a break coming home for Game 5, well you were wrong.
Charlotte Hornets head coach Steve Clifford said Nicolas Batum, who missed Games 3 and 4 with a left ankle sprain, went through shootaround and will most likely play tonight.
Clifford says @hornets Nic Batum participated in shootaround and will most likely play tonight.
— Charlotte Hornets PR (@HornetsPR) April 27, 2016
Batum, a usual starter for the Hornets, may come off the bench tonight but it certainly won’t affect his impact on the game. The swingman has been one of the best players on the Hornets this season, rounding up averages of 14.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.8 assists a game.
Batum: I expect to play tonight. He wanted to play game 4, asked Clifford to come off the bench tonight so he doesn't "mess up" the mojo.
— Michael Stern (@michaeljstern23) April 27, 2016
The Heat did not take advantage of Batum’s absence in Charlotte as the Hornets tied up the series at two games apiece. Now, they’ll have to worry about an already confident Hornets team with the addition of Batum back in the lineup.