- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
NBA admits to costly mistake with 5.3 seconds left in Heat’s game vs. Suns
- Updated: February 26, 2019
The Miami Heat suffered an embarrassing loss to the lowly Phoenix Suns on Monday night, and it seems the game’s referees made a mistake that could have very well cost the Heat the game.
With 5.3 seconds left in the matchup, Heat big man Bam Adebayo rose to the basket to attempt a tip-in basket.
While the tip-in fell short, the NBA announced on Tuesday that Adebayo should have been sent to the line for what could have been a go-ahead opportunity.
It’s unfortunate that the non-call may have cost the Heat the game, but in truth the Heat should have never been in a position to lose to the Suns at all.
Phoenix had won just 11 games prior to Monday night’s victory. The win also broke a 17-game losing streak that had started in mid-January.
Despite the admission by the NBA, the loss is as embarrassing as any this season for the Heat.
It will be interesting to see how it impacts them going forward.