- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
NBA admits to costly mistake with 5.3 seconds left in Heat’s game vs. Suns
- Updated: February 26, 2019
The Miami Heat suffered an embarrassing loss to the lowly Phoenix Suns on Monday night, and it seems the game’s referees made a mistake that could have very well cost the Heat the game.
With 5.3 seconds left in the matchup, Heat big man Bam Adebayo rose to the basket to attempt a tip-in basket.
While the tip-in fell short, the NBA announced on Tuesday that Adebayo should have been sent to the line for what could have been a go-ahead opportunity.
It’s unfortunate that the non-call may have cost the Heat the game, but in truth the Heat should have never been in a position to lose to the Suns at all.
Phoenix had won just 11 games prior to Monday night’s victory. The win also broke a 17-game losing streak that had started in mid-January.
Despite the admission by the NBA, the loss is as embarrassing as any this season for the Heat.
It will be interesting to see how it impacts them going forward.