- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Miami Heat News: NBA Announces Fine for Josh Richardson Throwing Shoe Into Stands on Sunday
- Updated: November 19, 2018
As expected $25,000 fine for Josh Richardson for his shoe fling.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 19, 2018
Richardson had lost his shoe on a previous play while aiming to score on a possession. He then displayed his anger from not getting a foul call he believed he deserved, which led to the shoe-flinging incident. He was then ejected for the remainder of the game.
Richardson seemed overall frustrated due to the team’s performance that led to a 113-97 loss to the Lakers, which was spearheaded by superstar LeBron James’ dominating 51-point outing.
The league office has always taken measures to make sure that players understand that harm to fans or disrespect in any manner is never tolerated. Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving was fined $25,000 for a similar occurrence in which he flung a ball into the stands following a game against the Denver Nuggets.
Despite his hasty exit, Richardson finished the night with 17 points, six rebounds, and three assists in only 25 minutes of action.