- Erik Spoelstra Says Jimmy Butler Has Miami Heat DNA, Was ‘Meant to Play Here’
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
Miami Heat News: NBA Announces Fine for Josh Richardson Throwing Shoe Into Stands on Sunday
- Updated: November 19, 2018
As expected $25,000 fine for Josh Richardson for his shoe fling.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 19, 2018
Richardson had lost his shoe on a previous play while aiming to score on a possession. He then displayed his anger from not getting a foul call he believed he deserved, which led to the shoe-flinging incident. He was then ejected for the remainder of the game.
Richardson seemed overall frustrated due to the team’s performance that led to a 113-97 loss to the Lakers, which was spearheaded by superstar LeBron James’ dominating 51-point outing.
The league office has always taken measures to make sure that players understand that harm to fans or disrespect in any manner is never tolerated. Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving was fined $25,000 for a similar occurrence in which he flung a ball into the stands following a game against the Denver Nuggets.
Despite his hasty exit, Richardson finished the night with 17 points, six rebounds, and three assists in only 25 minutes of action.