- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Miami Heat News: NBA Announces Fine for Josh Richardson Throwing Shoe Into Stands on Sunday
- Updated: November 19, 2018
As expected $25,000 fine for Josh Richardson for his shoe fling.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 19, 2018
Richardson had lost his shoe on a previous play while aiming to score on a possession. He then displayed his anger from not getting a foul call he believed he deserved, which led to the shoe-flinging incident. He was then ejected for the remainder of the game.
Richardson seemed overall frustrated due to the team’s performance that led to a 113-97 loss to the Lakers, which was spearheaded by superstar LeBron James’ dominating 51-point outing.
The league office has always taken measures to make sure that players understand that harm to fans or disrespect in any manner is never tolerated. Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving was fined $25,000 for a similar occurrence in which he flung a ball into the stands following a game against the Denver Nuggets.
Despite his hasty exit, Richardson finished the night with 17 points, six rebounds, and three assists in only 25 minutes of action.