- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: NBA Announces Fine for Josh Richardson Throwing Shoe Into Stands on Sunday
- Updated: November 19, 2018
As expected $25,000 fine for Josh Richardson for his shoe fling.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 19, 2018
Richardson had lost his shoe on a previous play while aiming to score on a possession. He then displayed his anger from not getting a foul call he believed he deserved, which led to the shoe-flinging incident. He was then ejected for the remainder of the game.
Richardson seemed overall frustrated due to the team’s performance that led to a 113-97 loss to the Lakers, which was spearheaded by superstar LeBron James’ dominating 51-point outing.
The league office has always taken measures to make sure that players understand that harm to fans or disrespect in any manner is never tolerated. Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving was fined $25,000 for a similar occurrence in which he flung a ball into the stands following a game against the Denver Nuggets.
Despite his hasty exit, Richardson finished the night with 17 points, six rebounds, and three assists in only 25 minutes of action.