- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
Miami Heat News: 3 Key Players to Return for Tonight’s Game vs. Boston Celtics
- Updated: April 3, 2019
The Miami Heat are fighting for their playoff lives at the moment, and prior to tonight’s pivotal game versus the Boston Celtics, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra gave the news all fans have been waiting to hear.
Winslow hasn’t played since March 15 due to a thigh injury. Before being forced to miss time, Winslow was enjoying the strongest stretch of his NBA career.
He was also serving as Miami’s starting point guard. While he will likely be eased back into the rotation, it will be interesting to see how his availability changes the Heat’s lineup going forward.
As for Richardson, he’s missed the last three games due to a heel injury. Things looked quite dicey at first, as it was reported that there was no timetable for his return. Luckily, it looks like his rehabilitation from injury went smoothly.
McGruder has missed the most time amongst the three with a knee injury and hasn’t played since March 13. Though he is not quite as pivotal to Miami’s success as the other two players are, he is certainly a valuable role player coming off the bench.
The Heat currently sit in the eight and final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff standings. They’re just one half game back from the seventh-seeded Brooklyn Nets, and at the same time are just one half game ahead of the Orlando Magic.
This playoff battle is clearly going to go down to the wire. With the Heat’s final five games featuring four teams currently in playoff position, they’re going to need all the help they can get.
Luckily, it looks like that exact help is coming at the perfect time.