- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Miami Heat News: 3 Key Players to Return for Tonight’s Game vs. Boston Celtics
- Updated: April 3, 2019
The Miami Heat are fighting for their playoff lives at the moment, and prior to tonight’s pivotal game versus the Boston Celtics, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra gave the news all fans have been waiting to hear.
Winslow hasn’t played since March 15 due to a thigh injury. Before being forced to miss time, Winslow was enjoying the strongest stretch of his NBA career.
He was also serving as Miami’s starting point guard. While he will likely be eased back into the rotation, it will be interesting to see how his availability changes the Heat’s lineup going forward.
As for Richardson, he’s missed the last three games due to a heel injury. Things looked quite dicey at first, as it was reported that there was no timetable for his return. Luckily, it looks like his rehabilitation from injury went smoothly.
McGruder has missed the most time amongst the three with a knee injury and hasn’t played since March 13. Though he is not quite as pivotal to Miami’s success as the other two players are, he is certainly a valuable role player coming off the bench.
The Heat currently sit in the eight and final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff standings. They’re just one half game back from the seventh-seeded Brooklyn Nets, and at the same time are just one half game ahead of the Orlando Magic.
This playoff battle is clearly going to go down to the wire. With the Heat’s final five games featuring four teams currently in playoff position, they’re going to need all the help they can get.
Luckily, it looks like that exact help is coming at the perfect time.