- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: Jimmy Butler in danger of missing Christmas Day game vs. Pelicans
- Updated: December 24, 2020
Jimmy Butler listed as questionable by Heat for Christmas Day vs. Pelicans, with right ankle sprain, having twisted it Wednesday in Orlando.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 24, 2020
Butler was the driving force for last year’s Heat squad that ultimately reached the NBA Finals.
His absence on Friday would deliver a stiff blow to the Heat after Wednesday night’s 113-107 loss to the Orlando Magic.
Of course, Butler’s intense approach to the game means that he’ll make every effort to take the court and fight through whatever pain he has to endure.
However, the Heat training staff and head coach Erik Spoelstra will likely take a broader look at the situation.
That’s because Friday’s game is only the second game of the season. Even if the Heat were to lose, the defeat would be minor in nature.
Letting Butler rest the injured ankle could avoid a situation where he might end up dealing with a nagging problem for a longer period of time.