- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
10 Things You Didn’t Know about Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: January 29, 2015
With the copious amounts of injuries and negativity surrounding the Miami Heat this season, there has been one bright spot glimmering beneath all of the tumultuous muck: the emergence of one Hassan Whiteside.
Whiteside has seemingly come out of the blue and, with innate athleticism and size, has proven to be the real deal. However, with the sudden eruption out of thin air, one has to wonder, where did this kid come from? And what’s his story?
Whiteside’s story is actually quite fascinating and we’ve decided to break it down into 10 facts about his life that you may have never heard of. So without further ado, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Hassan Whiteside starting with number 10.
10. He’s been in and out of the NBA for five years.
That’s correct, Hassan isn’t a rookie. He was drafted in the second round of the 2010 NBA Draft by the Sacramento Kings with the 33rd pick and also played for the Memphis Grizzlies in 2014.
(Continue on next page!)