- Five Reasons Erik Spoelstra Deserves to Win NBA Coach of the YearPosted 12 hours ago
- Video: Dion Waiters Shows Off Hilarious Part of New Weight Loss RoutinePosted 2 days ago
- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 4 days ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 6 days ago
- Erik Spoelstra to Work With Justise Winslow to Improve Game During OffseasonPosted 7 days ago
- James Johnson Reveals Free Agency Plans for Next SummerPosted 1 week ago
- Dion Waiters Says He Wants to Return to Miami Heat Next SeasonPosted 1 week ago
- Five Reasons the Miami Heat’s 2016-17 Season Was a SuccessPosted 1 week ago
- Micky Arison Hints at Possible Return of Two Key Heat PlayersPosted 1 week ago
- Dion Waiters Hints at Free Agency Plans for Next SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
Video: Goran Dragic Campaigns Erik Spoelstra for Coach of the Year
- Updated: March 24, 2017
The Miami Heat (35-37) are one of the best stories in sports right now. After falling to 11-30 in January and looking like a lottery team, the Heat are currently in position to make the NBA playoffs.
The man behind the magic, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, has motivated his guys to stay the course all season and has helped players flourish under his system.
After receiving Coach of the Year consideration from Heat president Pat Riley, the head coach’s players have joined in on the campaigning too. Starting point guard Goran Dragic recently sent out a video shoutout, via Uninterrupted, to back up his coach:
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) March 22, 2017
Perhaps one other reason Dragic wants Spoelstra to win the award is because the coach has helped revive the guard’s career. Under Spoelstra’s system, the Slovenian speedster is averaging 20.1 points and 5.9 assists on a career-best 41 percent shooting from downtown, his best numbers in a Heat uniform.
Whether the two-time champion wins Coach of the Year or not, there’s no doubt Spoelstra has put together one of the best turnarounds in NBA history.