- Five Reasons Erik Spoelstra Deserves to Win NBA Coach of the YearPosted 12 hours ago
- Video: Dion Waiters Shows Off Hilarious Part of New Weight Loss RoutinePosted 2 days ago
- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 4 days ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 6 days ago
- Erik Spoelstra to Work With Justise Winslow to Improve Game During OffseasonPosted 7 days ago
- James Johnson Reveals Free Agency Plans for Next SummerPosted 1 week ago
- Dion Waiters Says He Wants to Return to Miami Heat Next SeasonPosted 1 week ago
- Five Reasons the Miami Heat’s 2016-17 Season Was a SuccessPosted 1 week ago
- Micky Arison Hints at Possible Return of Two Key Heat PlayersPosted 1 week ago
- Dion Waiters Hints at Free Agency Plans for Next SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
Report: Goran Dragic Dealing With Painful Foot Injury
- Updated: March 27, 2017
The Miami Heat are facing all types of injury problems this season.
Now, another starter, Goran Dragic is dealing with an injury of his own. According to Anthony Chiang of the Palm Beach Post, the point guard is battling a nagging foot that’s apparently severely painful:
“Dragic is also dealing with nagging foot injury that’s so painful the Heat training staff is cutting a hole in the side of his sneaker to alleviate the pressure while he’s playing.”
Dragic, 30, has been having a spectacular season with averages of 20.0 points and 5.9 assists a game. However, over the last five contests, the veteran has put up just 15.6 points on 36 percent shooting.
The drop in production may be due to the injury Dragic is encountering. Yet, the Slovenian speedster is battling through the pain and making his best effort to stay on the court. The Heat will need every ounce of energy from their starting point guard to stay in the playoff race.
The Heat take on the Detroit Pistons Tuesday night at The Palace of Auburn Hills in a crucial Eastern Conference showdown.