- Dwyane Wade Addresses His Free Agency Status This SummerPosted 17 hours ago
- An Inside Look at the Miami Heat’s Grueling Practice CulturePosted 2 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Heat Release 2017-18 Home Preseason SchedulePosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat Fans Make It Clear They Don’t Want Carmelo AnthonyPosted 3 days ago
- Dion Waiters Talks About Epic Conversation He Had With Kevin Durant Before Beating WarriorsPosted 5 days ago
- Pat Riley Reveals Why He Didn’t Fight to Keep Dwyane Wade in MiamiPosted 5 days ago
- Five Reasons Erik Spoelstra Deserves to Win NBA Coach of the YearPosted 6 days ago
- Video: Dion Waiters Shows Off Hilarious Part of New Weight Loss RoutinePosted 7 days ago
- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 1 week ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
Report: Dion Waiters on Crutches, ‘Hoping’ to Return Before End of Regular Season
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The playing status of Miami Heat shooting guard Dion Waiters has fluctuated considerably in the 48-hour span since he injured his left ankle in Friday night’s victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. After major concern gave way to some reassurance, there’s now concern whether or not he’ll return to action prior to the end of the regular season.
Dion Waiters says this ankle injury is worse than the last one. on crutches. Hope right now is to come back before end of regular season
— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) March 19, 2017
That previous ankle injury also happened against the Timberwolves back on Feb. 6 and saw Waiters sit out the next three games. In this instance, an MRI wasn’t required, though Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra isn’t completely sure about the severity of the injury.
With Sunday night’s loss to the Blazers, the Heat currently hold the ninth seed in the Eastern Conference with a 34-36 record. The team has 12 games left to play, with the final game scheduled for April 12 at home against the Wizards.