- Dwyane Wade Addresses His Free Agency Status This SummerPosted 16 hours ago
- An Inside Look at the Miami Heat’s Grueling Practice CulturePosted 2 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Heat Release 2017-18 Home Preseason SchedulePosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat Fans Make It Clear They Don’t Want Carmelo AnthonyPosted 3 days ago
- Dion Waiters Talks About Epic Conversation He Had With Kevin Durant Before Beating WarriorsPosted 5 days ago
- Pat Riley Reveals Why He Didn’t Fight to Keep Dwyane Wade in MiamiPosted 5 days ago
- Five Reasons Erik Spoelstra Deserves to Win NBA Coach of the YearPosted 6 days ago
- Video: Dion Waiters Shows Off Hilarious Part of New Weight Loss RoutinePosted 7 days ago
- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 1 week ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow Likely Out for Remainder of Season
- Updated: January 4, 2017
The Miami Heat’s injury-plagued season just took a turn for the worse as the team has announced that starting small forward Justise Winslow will undergo surgery tomorrow to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
Justise Winslow will undergo surgery tomorrow to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder & is likely out for the remainder of the season.
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) January 5, 2017
The injury had kept the forward out of the team’s last two games and wasn’t expected to be a long-term issue with Winslow downplaying the injury.
“I really feel for him because I know how much time he put in this summer. He’s put in as much time as anybody,” said Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. “I know how much it means for him to be here (with his team) and be able to make an impact.”
Winslow had been dealing with a multitude of injuries all season that saw him start in just 15 games with averages of 10.9 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and 1.4 steals.