- Dwyane Wade Addresses His Free Agency Status This SummerPosted 16 hours ago
- An Inside Look at the Miami Heat’s Grueling Practice CulturePosted 2 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Heat Release 2017-18 Home Preseason SchedulePosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat Fans Make It Clear They Don’t Want Carmelo AnthonyPosted 3 days ago
- Dion Waiters Talks About Epic Conversation He Had With Kevin Durant Before Beating WarriorsPosted 5 days ago
- Pat Riley Reveals Why He Didn’t Fight to Keep Dwyane Wade in MiamiPosted 5 days ago
- Five Reasons Erik Spoelstra Deserves to Win NBA Coach of the YearPosted 6 days ago
- Video: Dion Waiters Shows Off Hilarious Part of New Weight Loss RoutinePosted 7 days ago
- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 1 week ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
Miami Heat News: Erik Spoelstra Named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month
- Updated: March 1, 2017
The Miami Heat have been on a tear as of late.
In fact, since they fell to 11-30 in mid-January, they’ve only lost a total of three games to put their record at 27-33. Now, as of March 1, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra has been recognized by the NBA as the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month for February.
Spoelstra earned the award after orchestrating one of the greatest turnarounds for any team in NBA history. He even led the Heat on the longest win streak of any team this season by winning 13 games in a row. That marks the best such streak for a team under .500 in league history.
“It’s a culture award, it’s an organization award, that’s how we view it,” Spoelstra said. “If it happens it usually means there has to be some wins involved. As an organization we’ll take it.”
Spoelstra and his Heat will look to continue their winning ways Wednesday night when they face off against the Philadelphia 76ers at American Airlines Arena.