- Erik Spoelstra Travels to Slovenia to Discuss Heat Offense With Goran DragicPosted 2 days ago
- Chris Bosh Seen Training With Teammates in Newly Released VideoPosted 3 days ago
- ESPN Projects How Many Wins Miami Heat Will Have Next SeasonPosted 3 days ago
- NBA 2K17 Player Ratings Leaked for Miami HeatPosted 3 days ago
- What to Expect From Hassan Whiteside Heading Into 2016-17, and Why He Will DominatePosted 5 days ago
- Chandler Parsons Says He’d Be Willing to Play for Miami HeatPosted 6 days ago
- NBA Snubs Hassan Whiteside in Top 50 Blocks of 2016 Video, Whiteside Reacts AccordinglyPosted 6 days ago
- Video: NBA 2K17 Releases Highly Anticipated Video Game Trailer ‘Friction’Posted 7 days ago
- Wayne Ellington: My Jumper Is ‘What’s Going to Separate Me from the Other Guys’Posted 1 week ago
- Erik Spoelstra: Hassan Whiteside Has the Potential to Be One of the Best Players in This LeaguePosted 1 week ago
Miami Heat News: Chris Andersen Agrees to Multi-year Deal
- Updated: July 13, 2014
The dominos are beginning to fall into place. With the third free agency signing of the day, after Mario Chalmers and Luol Deng, fan favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Miami Heat, a source told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday.
Andersen has been a huge part of Miami’s recent playoff runs and his energy and fortitude go unmatched. He shot 64 percent this past season while averaging 5.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks, in nearly 20 minutes per game.
Rumors also have it that the only reason the Heat resigned Andersen was so the Cleveland Cavaliers could not obtain him. Whether these rumors hold any truth to them or not, we are glad to have the Birdman back in South Florida and welcome him with open arms.
Something tells me the Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be quite interesting this year.