- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 1 day ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 3 days ago
- Erik Spoelstra to Work With Justise Winslow to Improve Game During OffseasonPosted 4 days ago
- James Johnson Reveals Free Agency Plans for Next SummerPosted 5 days ago
- Dion Waiters Says He Wants to Return to Miami Heat Next SeasonPosted 5 days ago
- Five Reasons the Miami Heat’s 2016-17 Season Was a SuccessPosted 6 days ago
- Micky Arison Hints at Possible Return of Two Key Heat PlayersPosted 1 week ago
- Dion Waiters Hints at Free Agency Plans for Next SummerPosted 1 week ago
- Udonis Haslem Says 2016-17 Heat Team Amongst His Favorites, Wishes to Return Next SeasonPosted 1 week ago
- Video: Erik Spoelstra Visibly Devastated in Heat’s Final Press ConferencePosted 1 week ago
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic (Ankle) Considered Doubtful for Saturday Night
- Updated: November 11, 2016
The status of Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic is considered doubtful for the team’s Saturday night matchup against the Utah Jazz after he left Thursday night’s game in the third quarter with a left ankle sprain.
Spoelstra indicated that x-rays taken after the injury were negative, even though Dragic was forced to leave the arena in a walking boot.
“It didn’t swell too much, but he is still in a boot,” Spoelstra said. “So that’s encouraging based on last night. I don’t know what degree his sprain is right now. So, he’s just day-to-day.”
Those words were more positive than the bleak assessment Spoelstra had offered after Thursday’s game.
“Let me hold out on this remote hope,” Spoelstra said. “Even though Goran is going to be leaving in a boot, but let me have that evening of hope.”
If Dragic isn’t able to go, his next opportunity to play will be Monday night on the road against the San Antonio Spurs.